Yesterday afternoon I went for my weekly check-up and my midwife said I am about 40% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and baby is at a 0 station. She swept my membranes to stir the pot a bit, but I don't think it did the trick, because here it is 17 hours later, and I'm not feeling anything!
I also spoke to my doula yesterday and she is VERY happy that the baby is down so low. She said this makes her think that I will have a quick labor, seeing as many babies are still at -2 or -3 station when mothers arrive at the hospital, and a lot of the labor process involves getting them to come down.
Maybe Hayden will make this happen on her own this weekend. I sure hope so, because at this point I am most focused on getting labor to begin naturally, with my goal of having a natural, unmedicated birth, using meds to induce would be disappointing for me. My midwife said she is not comfortable allowing me to go more than 10 days past my due date, so if next Wednesday rolls around and I am still pregnant (I would be 40 weeks, 2 days at that point), that we would have to schedule a non-stress test, an ultra-sound and possibly look at an induction. C'MON HAYDEN!!!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment