Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Post-Christmas-ness

I see a pattern here...I skip a few months and I start out every blog post about how I haven't written in so long, because it only seems apropos, but this time, I'm going to skip the monotony & just jump right in...

Hayden is 10.5 months old & she is livin' high on life...so because of that, so is her mama. She's cruisin' on the furniture, pulling open drawers, & loves to have you chase her through the house, squealing as she crawls at her fastest pace. My gal is amazing-- and every day with her is more enjoyable than the next. I know that might be so cliché & cheesy, but for me, it's pure truth.

Christmas was so different this year, for many reasons, but mostly because I had so much I hoped for Hayden's very first Christmas & it all came true. You can't repeat the first Christmas...I mean, there are no do-overs for that type of thing. You just have to do it right, and we sure did. We had the Christmas songs bellowing through the house for the entire month of December, the shopping trips to the mall, the ceremonial unwrapping (read: tearing paper) of the presents, we had the Christmas morning caserole with mimosas (none for Buggie, of course), & the numerous family gatherings all packed into two days. Oh yes, we had it all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Grandpa sniffing his fresh-baked Gingersnaps, courtesy of Aunt Barbara. Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mission accomplished. Now onto a glorious Winter Break from teaching to be at home with my babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment