Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekending.

I'm a sucker for a deal. Especially on kids stuff. Twice a year there is a kid's consignment event just down the street from me. While the prices are not quite "garage sale" prices, the items are all in pretty great condition. For some time now, I had my eye on this tiny, portable high chair that they sell at Wally World. Lo & behold, they had it at the sale...gently used for a mere $5. It made my day. I also picked up a brand new DVD copy of Shirley Temple "The Early Years" Collection, a CD titled "Babies go Coldplay" which turned out to be all musical rendition of top Coldplay songs, plus a set of Touch & Feel flashcards for my BFF's kids, since I've told her how I love them so. Oh, plus a little "rain stick" that Buggie loves. All for just $15. Steal. I was also very tempted to buy a "like-new" MacLaren stroller, but it was HOT PINK. If I ever have a boy one day, I doubt he (or his father) would appreciate being pushed around in that, so we passed. Reluctantly. Sigh.

Photobucket

Sunday afternoon we went to Nana & Papa's place to have some fun. Hayden climbed the stairs, played hide-n-seek, dressed up like a ballerina, had a tea party, and did yoga with Nana.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(I made Hayden's pants on Friday night. The stitching didn't turn out too pretty because my thread kept breaking for some reason, but they're functional).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My mom has a whole little play area set up for Hayden in the spare bedroom. It's as cute as can be with a Whinnie the Pooh Tea Set & even some books from when my mom was little.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Who wouldn't want to play here?
Photobucket
Photobucket

In my tutu:
Photobucket

Downward Dog with Nana:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And one last picture of an old, but new, addiction. I say "old but new" because I hadn't bought one of these in a LONG time, but now I'm back on the bandwagon. Hello, soy chai latte:
Photobucket

And Bart this weekend? He was a trooper. He & a crew of guys re-roofed our house in two days flat. And it looks amazing. Hats off to them!

1 comment:

  1. Your photos are always so beautiful carollyn. And so is your baby :)

    ReplyDelete