Sunday, September 18, 2011

Vale la Pena

Friday evening- I purchased a new bottle of OPI nail color instead of treating myself to a manicure. The $15 I saved...spent on Fall clothing for Hayden.

Friday night- Hayden had a fever (I'm guessing from last week's MMR shot) so I enlisted the troops...my mother, my BFF, and the hubby. "Should I call the doctor?" "What should I give her, and how much?" So many questions running through my head that I'm too scared to Google for fear of reading people's horror stories. My BFF graciously showed up at my door with a bottle of Motrin in hand, ready to dispense medicine AND her motherly advice. I set my alarm for 2 am so I could go in and give her more meds and another Pedialite popsicle.

Saturday- She seemed to be fine, so we went to tumbling class, the Antique Market with Nana, and even for an outing at Pilcher Park.

Saturday night- No fever at bedtime, so I thought we were in the clear. A glass of wine later, (for me, of course) she awoke with another temp. 10pm- more meds, more popsicles. 2am- repeat.

Sunday morning- She was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. We watched Sesame Street and ate breakfast together. I would like to go run some errands but the cool, damp, dreary weather is making me want to keep my PJs on all day!

**I chronicled these events not to gain an ounce of empathy, but rather to make the point, that depsite the scary moments in motherhood, the late nights, and the not-so-glam lifestyle...I wouldn't change a moment of it. Not for a second. The dirty diapers, the crying fits, the sleepless nights. I will take the bad with the good. Because no matter how bad it may seem, someone always has it worse off. And even when I think I've seen the worst of it, I have these tiny blue eyes staring back at me telling me it's worth it (or vale la pena, in Spanish).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment