
When I was little, my favorite thing that my mom made was her banana bread. Other recipes just didn't cut it- they were usually too dry, or had nuts (sorry, nut fans...I think nuts seriously ruin a good banana bread).
A few years ago I had some really ripe bananas I needed to use up, so I asked mom for the recipe, and it's become a favorite recipe for me to make in my own home for my daughter. My, how things come full circle!
After many requests, I decided to finally share the recipe. I don't claim that it is necessarily unique from other recipes out there (in fact, I've never even seen another recipe so I wouldn't know), but it DOES have one very special ingredient. OVERLY RIPE BANANAS. These are the bananas that you would otherwise throw out because they are practically black and extremely soft. Yes, overly ripe bananas are the special ingredient.

Without further adieu, here is the recipe:
-2 SUPER ripe bananas
-1 stick butter (cut into pieces)
Blend these two ingredients in the food processor for no longer than 45 seconds (any longer & the bread will become coarse).
Then add:
-3/4 C sugar
-1 1/2 C flour
-2 eggs
-1/4 cup milk (or a bit more if you like the bread moist like me)
-1/2 t salt
-1 t baking soda
-2t lemon juice
I guess you could add chocolate chips or nuts if you wanted, but I'm a purist when it comes to my banana bread!
Blend all ingredients in food processor until blended together. Pour mixture into a loaf pan & bake at 350* for 55 minutes (I sometimes have to go to 60-62 minutes, though).
ENJOY!






No comments:
Post a Comment