Monday, January 24, 2011

Ebb & Flow

Just a few weeks ago I was basking in the glow of Winter Break- being home with my babe, & enjoying family time. Fast forward a few moons, and here I sit, the only person awake in my house at 7:30 p.m. on a Monday. Work is in full-swing for Bart & I. Last night he got called out to plow at 2 a.m., and Spring is a crazy time for me at work as we begin preparations for next year's students & schedules.

To boot, we have unofficially begun the house hunt. I say "unofficially" because our house isn't on the market just quite yet...but in a few short weeks she will read, "FOR SALE." Being the Type-A, over-researching, freak-of-nature that I am, I have been scouring the Internet for the perfect home. For hours at a time. Until my eyes feel like they're about to pop out & all the houses start to look exactly the same. Come to think of it, maybe this explains my daily back pain, or maybe it is that horrible latex bed that we spent a pretty penny on, which now sags lower than a camel's hump. Anyways, I digress.

As Winter continues to rear it's ugly head in Chicago with lots of snow, freezing rain & below-zero temps, I'm ready for Spring. In the meantime, I'm just livin' for the weekends, which mean lots of Hayden time. This past weekend we spent around the house in our "jam-jams".

Photobucket

These days she's VERY studious...carefully studying each and every photo in "Brown Bear," & "Goodnight Moon." She hangs onto my every word & points excitedly at the pictures she recognizes, she also impatiently grabs for the page to turn it herself.

Photobucket

I'm so excited that she is enjoying books these days because just a few months ago I really thought that she hated being read to! It's nice to have my "busy-body" gal sit with me for awhile to snuggle & read.

And although they lost, we rooted for the Bears yesterday in the playoff game. I, usually, could care less about football, but this was truly a monumental game for Chicago...so we cheered. Congrats, Cheeseheads, by the way.

Photobucket

And now, for a back massage...because I can't stand one more second of this back pain. Yikes, it's only Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is exceedingly touching, and the little one is adorable. If I were to buy a house I'd use this website, seen it? http://www.estately.com/IL/Chicago#map.

    Keep up the good work Carollyn.

    ReplyDelete