
With a sock (one of many she finds & carries around in a typical day)

Rummaging through the folded laundry, most likely to find socks.

On, yet another, sock hunt.

Trying to sit nicely in my new "big girl" chair that Sito & Jido got me for Christmas.

Or...not so much.
Hayden is all about blankets these days...laying on them, playing peek-a-boo with them, & wrapping up in them. So, daddy made her a good ol' fashioned fort with blankets. She was ecstatic- quite literally!


She's also ALL about finger-foods these days. When she's had enough of the puree stuff, she lets you know, and it's onto the little foods that she can eat, pick up easily & won't choke on. Which isn't the longest list of things so far...but we're slowly adding to it.

Oatmeal & hard-boiled yolk...mmmm.
While I have these last few precious days off work, I'm trying to squeeze as many projects in as possible. This means that every second of Hayden's naps is meticulously planned, & I don't have a moment to waste.
The BIG project I'm tackling is her birthday party. Yes, I said birthday party, as in, my little baby girl is almost ONE! For a few weeks now we've been asking her, "How old is Hayden going to be?" And she puts up her index finger with a huge grin on her face. Auntie Barbara taught her that!
I've been spending nights scouring Etsy for the perfect birthday onesie, a few hours the other night at JoAnn's & Archivers getting materials for her birthday banners. Now it's onto the tutu & headband making. Oh, and the cake ordering. Because this is another one of those events you don't get a "re-do" for. Yes, I know, she's only going to be one & she won't remember it or even know why she's there. But it matters to me, and it will matter to her one day.
We're doing a ladybug theme, because she is, "Hady-Bug" the ladybbug, after all. But I'm not a big fan of red, so we're doing hot pink & black with a splash of lime green. Here are some ideas that have inspired me:

In a perfect world, it would all come out looking like this, but I'm sure our version is going to be just as grand. Only Tori Spelling's parties end up actually looking like this- but I'm not on her budget!
And lastly, a few more Christmas odds & ends...
My favorite gift that Hayden received for her first Christmas was this precious hand-knit bunny rabbit from Bart's neice Nicolette. I saw it in a knitting book that she had with her back in August, and she remembered that I commented on how cute it was & made it for Christmas! She said it took her about 17 hours total to complete it! THIS will be passed down from Hayden to her daughter one day as a family heirloom- it's so special!

And, speaking of heirlooms, my mom brought over the dress that she sewed for me to wear on MY first Christmas. It's a dark-burgundy little number with lace around the collar. Keep in mind that I was born in April, and Hayden in February, so it was a *little* short on her, but I had to take a few pics. Being that she won't sit still these days, it was challenging, but here's the best I got:



Back to the party planning for me...and Hayden has a few words for the paparrazi:






No comments:
Post a Comment