One special "first" to note- yesterday Bart and I took her on her first walk around the neighborhood. We were sure to stop by at all the neighbor's to show her off! Lots of them were outside because it was so nice out- about 60 degrees and sunny! (Sadly, that is "nice" in Chicago in March!)
This morning my mom & I went to one of those dinner prep places to make lots of yummy "homemade" food for our freezer. We did this a few weeks before Hayden was born, and the meals have been a lifesaver. Believe it or not, they actually save us money, too! They come out to about $5 per person per meal- which is the same cost as a Subway Footlong! Plus, it saves us from ordering a $25 stuffed Nancy's pizza on Sunday nights when there is "nothing in the house to eat". Easier on the wallet and the waistline = Happy Mama.
Anyways, we went this morning and I left "Hady-Bug" with her daddy. He gave her a bottle, she burped, and they sang songs, he said when I called home and inquired about their morning together. I also asked about the outfit he had chosen, to which he replied, "I dunno- something pink!" Nothing would quite prepare me, however, for what I saw as I walked in the door coming home- Bart dancing around with Hayden in his arms, while blasting Elton John songs. They both seemed like the two happiest people on the planet. It filled my heart with joy to see it- so much that I got tears in my eyes! I videotaped a bit of their "routine"- and as soon as I get my computer guy over here to help me upload these things I will try to post it here- it is truly quite a sight!
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I love this whole story so much!! Especially 'Hady-bug' and dancing with Daddy. :)
ReplyDelete